To better understand the gaps and opportunities in vocational skills training, Cummins employees developed “TEC: Technical Education for Communities: The Research and Theory Supporting a Scalable Model.”
That research report launched TEC’s first programs and continues to influence TEC’s approach to collaborating with schools and building new partnerships.
“TEC: Technical Education for Communities: The Research and Theory Supporting a Scalable Model” provides:
- Background on “Technical Vocational Education and Training”
- The landscape of skills-based education through “An International Spotlight on Technical Vocational Education and Training”
- A lesson on how not to solve the skills gap through a case study on “An Unsuccessful Model: The United States”
- Outcomes from a more purposeful approach provided through a case study on “A Successful Model: Germany”
- Details on each component of the “Five-Element Framework”