TEC helps schools better understand local market needs and connects school leaders with partners who can provide helpful resources to meet those needs.
TEC Managers facilitate that process using the following tools:
- Community Needs Assessment: Gathers information on local employer goals, interests and capabilities and socioeconomic conditions in the community.
- Curriculum Audit: Uses data from the Community Needs Assessment to discover if there are gaps in schools’ current curriculum.
- Partnership Development Process: Provides eight steps for prioritizing, engaging and securing business partners.
- Market-Relevant Skills: Provide students tools and machinery for training
- Quality Curriculum: Donate funds for soft skills training or online learning platforms
- Effective Teachers: Train teachers on new technical equipment
- Career Guidance: Organize a career day for students to meet employees
- Workplace Learning: Provide internships, apprenticeships or job shadowing